You are invited to journey with us as Adeline and Evie grow.

Friday, March 28, 2008

More milestones...

Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurts deep to your core when they are gone? I'm not talking about 'missing' someone, I'm talking about a connection and true heartache and emptiness when you are apart. Well I felt that for the first time last week when Adeline spent spring break at her grammy and granddaddy's house in Knoxville. She had a great time and Mike and I were glad she was able to spend time with them, but oh my, was it hard! Our house was oddly quiet...no "dadadada", "bababa", "tatata", "aaahhhh", or screaming in delight when the dogs enter the room...oh not to mention the HUGE grin when mommy or daddy come into her sight. Mike and I were alone for a week for the first time since Adeline's birth in August. We did actually go out for St. Patrick's Day, which was fun, but other than that, we talked about our sweet little girl and watched her videos all week!
While Adeline was at grammy and granddaddy's, she saw her cousin Catie Beth who she LOVES (and Catie loves her just as much if not more!), she went to an Easter egg hunt, had pictures made with Catie AND cut TWO teeth!! Sorry about that grammy! Yes, Adeline has 2 little razor sharp bottom teeth. They are the cutest things and she wants to try them out on everything, so FYI, don't put your finger in there.
She had a great first Easter. Mike and I met her in Knoxville with his parents and went to church and lunch with her granddaddy's family. She was supposed to start preschool Monday morning, but had a green snotty nose (yuck!), so I stayed home with her. She started preschool on Wed morning. I was dreading it, because Mike was out of town and I didn't want to leave her, but she was immediately excited when we walked in. She wanted me to put her down to play with the friends in the floor and when I did, she smiled and laughed. It made me feel so good to see her laughing. For the rest of the day, I visualized her laughing as I left. Her teacher said she had a great day, but did not like it when her friends would crawl away from her. So I'm betting that she will be crawling in no time!
We went to the helmet Dr Monday while I was off work. He said she is doing great. We will go back in 4 weeks for another check up. We will need some thoughts and prayers that week (April 21st and 22nd). We go to the helmet dr then her cardiologist the next day. She may come off all her heart meds then!!
More to come soon...

No comments:

Adeline's Party

Adeline's Party
What a sweet face